The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
bantam turbo
No locked diff needed , traction not a problem , plus harder to push around .. Have Midget diff. in ( 4.22 ) with hyd. brakes rear only , what a difference !! Middle gasket .078 because I'm adjusting for piston deck height , pistons are a wedge , head made to fit . 8.0 comp. ratio , (measured) .. Head gasket .044 , I want to NOT squeeze flow around valves , flow more important than comp.. I can turn turbo press. up easily for more comp.. The gaskets are so worth doing , they seal better, especially with turbo and the copper reusable if you heat it up some . This is such a amazing project to work on !! Always thinking of something to do .. STEVE TUCSON , ARIZONA
<p><br></p>
(28-12-2019, 09:30 PM)steve anderson Wrote: Well the Bantam with Austin 7 engine is still doing fine , ran at Bonneville Salt Flats with 82 MPH .  Still won't pull 3rd and 4th gear yet , so working on new cam profile with 112 / 114  lobe split to be built .  Going to alcohol next year so will step up injectors to 55# .. There some other updates in the works , oil line reroute ,  maybe water entering head first , it goes in at 2 spots on head plus front and back of block on port side ..  Head gasket is now solid copper , seals better and reusable , block to crankcase gasket steel and reusable .  There are 2 studs from bottom of block to top of crankcase on cam side to help secure they stay together     STEVE

Two Austin 7 sports models were offered in January 1924, the Sports and the Brooklands Super-sports. The Brooklands Super-sports was a replica of Gordon England's record-breaker. Each car was sold with a Brooklands certificate proving a speed of 80 miles (128.75 km) per hour.

In 1931 the supercharged Austin 7 Works Streamlined Special reached 102 mph at Brooklands.

Still a way to go !
I'm working on it..   STEVE
<p><br></p>