The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying Austin Sevens by their Factory Initials
Many of you will be familiar with the booklet published by the Association a few years ago.

.jpg   001.01.jpg (Size: 29.54 KB / Downloads: 773)

It has now been out of print for a year or more, and Graham Baldock is hoping to publish a revised edition later this year. The original contained a number of errors and omissions, and I am helping Graham to correct and update the copy so that it is as accurate as we can make it.

So, do any of you have any comments to make on the original edition? These Body Numbers are not the perfect means of identifying a model, but they are probably the most concise and easy to use, even if that does mean that owners of late RNs are left confused! Any comments, corrections or observations will be gratefully received and acted upon.

I would also like to change a number of the photographs used - unfortunately the popular habit of taking a three-quarter front shot does not produce the best view of the body style, so if anyone would like to submit photos of either full side view or three-quarter rear, again please get in touch. I would particularly like to have photos of the 1924/25 2-seater Sports, the 1925/26 Coupe, and the 1927/30 Super Sports to add to the others.

You can either email me or Graham direct, on mikecostigan at talktalk dot net or gbaldock120 at gmail dot com
I was under the impression that the Association had uploaded this to their website but cannot find it there...
I think the intention is to add it to the website once we've sorted out the anomalies.
http://archive.a7ca.org/about-the-archiv...our-seven/

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
Well done Roly - thank you.

Good stuff Mike, the beauty of an online resource over a hard copy is that onomolies can continually be rectified.
(02-04-2019, 10:55 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Well done Roly - thank you.

Good stuff Mike, the beauty of an online resource over a hard copy is that onomolies can continually be rectified.

Hi Ruairidh

Does onomolies mean there are only one?  Sorry I've corrected so many student theses in the past that spelling mistakes jump out of the page at me.  Strange I was always useless at English at school.

Cheers

Howard
Absolutely perfect Howard, love it!! Blush
ONOmolies could mean you have only just discovered it but the manuscript has already gone to the printers
The error is sublime!
(02-04-2019, 01:48 PM)squeak Wrote: ONOmolies could mean you have only just discovered it but the manuscript has already gone to the printers

you are also far more likely to shift onomolies over strictly priced molies.