The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RK Bonnet Size
Hi,

Can anyone please advise what size the sides of an RK bonnet should be, I think this is likely to be the same as a late model Chummy?

Thanks Smile
I just measured my October 1929 car and the bonnet sides are 18 1/8" long by 12 1/2" high (to the top of the hinge).

I believe this is the same as the post October 1928 Chummy and may be the same as all the late alloy body cars, up to the first RL saloons.
Thanks Parazine,

I have a bonnet that came with my project the sides of this are approx. 18” x 11”, I take it this ties in with the size of the early Chummy bonnet?
Yes, indeed. My '27 (black radiator) Chummy bonnet sides are 18" x 10 1/2" or 11", depending on which end you measure!
Ahh! That explains it, my roofless RK came without a rad surround and with a different coloured bonnet. I tried it with the early chummy rad cowl and it didn't look right, then I tried it with the later chummy/ulster cowl and still it didn't seem to fit correctly.
So it's a slightly larger approx. 18" x 12.5" bonnet that I need then!

Thanks. Smile