The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honeycomb radiator recore?
I too have used Jerry at Anglia Radiators in Cambridge. He is excellent, does work for Duxford Aviation Museum & members of the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts club on their vintage Rolls. When I took my RP radiator in before I could even open my mouth he said Austin 7 must have been done in the 60s with the wrong pattern. He knew exactly what was required for my 1933 Box, as I did. But as he said good copper is not cheap nowadays & he charged my £650 about three years ago completed it in the timescale he said he would & you could not fault his work.
Thanks to all for your input on this. It's been a while, but I'm just following up to my original query on this thread. I took my rad to P & M radiators as recommended by John in post 18. They did  superb repair  job on it at a very reasonable price; Mike at P & M said that the Honeycomb core was in good shape, so a huge sum of money saved there as against the companies who said they would only deal with this rad as a re-core.

[Image: 47929102092_7cda065cf2_z.jpg]

I know that this rad is "foreign" for this site; but I believe that whatever the car,  top quality work is always its own best advertisement;
I went to Lloyd Bryan in Tunbridge Wells for a new radiator to be made to get over the leaks in my Ulsteroid rad. He took a quick look and said why do you want a new one; I can repair it. I came away with more money in my pocket than I had expected! Looking around his old fashioned premises I think he can tackle most radiator problems.
Robert Leigh
any contacts for dummy hex mesh please? I've seen an aramid composite but its only 4.8mm thick which might not be enough to "dummy". There are also some aluminium versions which come packed and you stretch out. But would prefer to try something tried and tested!
Vintage Wings and Radiators. Google will find it