The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED indicators
If your lamps earth through the number plate I suggest that there is some resistance in one or all of the relevant earth connections, particularly through the earthing connection of the number plate. Try some earth wires from the bulb holders to the earth pin of the seven pin plug.
Robert Leigh
Problem seems to have gone away, after I ran
A copper earth wire directly to each bulholder,

Plus when I opened the boot, My connectors had been a bit loose and it looks as if 
Both flasher circuits were connecting there :-( !!!

All OK now so will now sort out the bulkhead connector boxes
which link the wiring to the dash indicator switch and flasher unit
and the headlamp dip switch on the column.

Still it keeps me out of trouble!

Regards

Bill G

Aka AllAlloyCup
Based near the Scottish Border,
One of the standard problem with a poor earth on indicators is that it can cause alternate flashing of the opposite indicator or flashing of brake lights etc as the power seeks a route out to earth.
This won't show itself in brake or tail lights as both are in operation.
If you have a common earth could it be just poor enough to not actually be earthing at all and actually be providing a straight power supply to the other aide and then earthing out through the opposite indicator?
So, just try a new earth point to ensure it is a good earth and perhaps separate the earths.

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Thanks for all the helpful responses , I improved the earthing on this tailboard
with its sets of lamps and all seems ok but still to wire in
the front indicator lamps and the electronic flasher
Unit and switch.

Will update this topic once these items are wired up

Regards

Bill G
The simplest & easiest solution may be to just use ordinary filament bulbs instead of LED ones. LED bulbs are great for side & tail, etc, but rather expensive for the indicators. Their lower operating current is irrelevant in this position.
Hi David

The 6v rear LEDs are definitely brighter and give a sharper
Light, plus they come on instantly which will catch the
attention of drivers behind.

The full set of LEDs was a fair amount of money
But they are rated for 20,000 hours!

Hoping to finish the remaining metal work of the body
With lacquer on Wednesday.

Regards

Bill G
The big advantage to using LED’s is the fact that that they also come in different colours  . I particularly like the combination where you can fit an amber and white set into the front sidelights thus not requiring a non standard looking add on to the front of a car for direction indicating. I personally am sold, LED’s on all my vehicles.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Does anyone know where I can get some Indicators like the ones on This Vauxhall 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall...2_crop.jpg
Hi Z

These are likely American , possibly vintage
so may not be easily available,
I’m sure you could by a small LED panel land fit it behind a mask?

These ones shown would look a bit big on an A7?

Regards

Bill G

Ps still to decide what kind, and where to mount
The front indicators, either to the side of the no plate
Or hung from the Cup wing supports?
(26-03-2019, 07:51 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: The big advantage to using LED’s is the fact that that they also come in different colours  . I particularly like the combination where you can fit an amber and white set into the front sidelights thus not requiring a non standard looking add on to the front of a car for direction indicating. I personally am sold, LED’s on all my vehicles.

I couldn’t agree more with this — my LEDs ( 1937 two seat tourer) give good light for night driving, are bright and fit for purpose. They allow me to run with full lights on at any time while maintaining a positive charge to battery. Also allows reduction to dynamo output which is a good thing.
It is important to make good connections (solder) and give each lamp a good earth. 

Charles