The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
22FZB
RNs have a gravity tank on the front bulkhead - miles away from the exhaust. Interesting what Reckless said about the flitch plates. I thought that with the flitch plates fitted, there would be less area for hot air from engine / rad to escape the engine compartment, but of course it may allow the hot exhaust pipe to pass more heat into that area.
In last summers heat wave I went up a local hill in our RN which takes about 5 minutes in bottom gear and only got halfway up before it gave up whilst our other RN had no problems, both have standard engines and 22 FZB carburettors. I opened the bonnet and it was like an oven inside and I could hear the petrol bubbling in the float chamber, whilst waiting for things to cool down I realised that this car had the plate under the exhaust between the engine bay side and chassis and I knew the other didn't have this plate. So it was promptly removed and proceeded on my way with no more problems. On the RP cars this plate goes over the exhaust.
Ah! So I wonder if export RNs had different flitch plates which effectively covered the exhaust pipes like the RPs.