The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suitable horns
    Over the years I've collected a few horns, all work and look nice but modern drivers in their hermetically sealed vehicles with loud sound systems can't hear my horns. So I fitted a modern twin trumpet air horn, £16.00 from a local car spares shop, and they hear that. The only vehicles with louder horns are HGVs.
(16-03-2019, 06:54 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: Over the years I've collected a few horns, all work and look nice but modern drivers in their hermetically sealed vehicles with loud sound systems can't hear my horns. So I fitted a modern twin trumpet air horn, £16.00 from a local car spares shop, and they hear that. The only vehicles with louder horns are HGVs.
Bought one of these for my RP in France in 1974 while on a BA7C holiday. Still doing good duty. Moving to 12V just upped the output of the 6V horn a bit!
I have a "normal" Lucas 6v horn wired in parallel to the Klaxon, with an auxiliary button in a convenient hole on the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel (I have no idea what it was for originally). It came from a Panther 600 motor cycle. Gives off a very loud "Beep" sound, and just as effective as the klaxon. Belt & braces, can't beat it.
I’m still searching for a suitable horn but I do have a spare Fiam motorcycle horn which I wondered about using as a temporary measure until I find something more fitting. The only problem is that it is 12 volt.

I have tested it on the battery and it works....louder than my existing one! But I’m concerned about the current draw...is it going to cause me any wiring problems?

Anyone got any advise?
This looks like a bargain to me...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323755137385?...3755137385

9.90 euros delivery to UK
I still havnt got round to fitting this

[Image: 008_1746.jpg]
Mounted on the radiator to let you know if you are boiling?
on the exhaust.....
I wouldn't have thought that a Seven engine would have enough puff.
An update on my horn issue. I’ll look out for a more original horn but in the meantime I’ve fitted a 12volt Fiamm horn and used a voltage step up box. It works and gives a very loud beep!