The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REPLACING WHEEL STUD
does anyone live close to rufford old hall has I own an Austin 7 and snapped the stud when I was replacing the tyre I have stripped it down to the wheel hub but cant get the plate of that holds the stud I have all the tools and the new stud and rivits and will pay for someone to sort it for me also battery is not charging but showing voltage coming out of dynamo thanks david
tel 07931 926550
You will likely get a better response with the two problems separated. Many mechanical types are allergic to dynamos and charging systems, esp Seven ones!

There have been extensive posts on both topics.

With the hub what exactly is the problem? Do you possess a Seven puller and does it, or can one thread fully on? Wil the taper not budge? Or is the bearing retaining nut inside the hub the challenge?
If you are trying to remove the broken stud from the hub flange you will need to drill out the two rivets that hold the stud in place.
(17-09-2017, 07:44 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: You will likely get a better response with the two problems separated. Many mechanical types are allergic to dynamos and charging systems, esp Seven ones!

There have been extensive posts on both topics.

With the hub what exactly is the problem? Do you possess a Seven puller and does it, or can one  thread fully on? Wil the taper not budge? Or is the bearing retaining nut inside the hub the challenge?

no puller and the nut has moved slighty inside
David,

the Pre-War Austin 7 Club - West Lancs Group - meets every second Wednesday of the month at Briars Hall, Burscough, L40 5TH.

They are a very active and experienced group - you can get them on:

Brian Hughes, 8 Brook Lane, Ormskirk, Lancs, L39 4RE
Tel 01695 576472

They will be able to assist you with tools and instruction.
sorted now car up and running again