The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XG3925 NIPPY
It could be, someone felt they should put double clutch springs in the car. Because it's a sports model.

This can make the clutch very harsh, to the extent that it will stall with medium throttle. And lurch forward with a high throttle.

If you have the car useable, it can be worth useing as is. And see if you get used to it.

If you have to do other work, put it on the check list.

Tony.
Thank you all so much for the kind words not just for me but Louis also, The Nippy is sound and running very sweet very quite engine, I'm not going to over restore this car , like Louis, the used look and wear appeals to me. However, the mechanical side has been sorted engine rebuilt ( Ruby sport head Nippy box nippy axle), floor replaced in large section and body off to replace moving parts on the chassis plus stripped repainted also a new hood, side screens and reupholstered leather seats along with 5 blockey tyres. Will need to address door gaps all four hinges worn maybe more.
and hoping this clutch judder is my heavy foot.
I will post some pics of how the car looks today. I have longed for an Austin Seven over many years and so pleased to finally buy one, although i know absolutely nothing of how they work although reasonably handy in the garage . Im so glad of this site and how readily members are pleased to help with suggestions
I look forward to my contribution to this site in time.
Thank you all again. Tried to post a pic yesterday with no luck, will have another go. Regards Rob Martin RPM

[attachment=5711][attachment=5711]                

Thanks, Tony.Yes only driven it once on unloading at home for 10 mins . some pics.
Rob
biggest improvement imho would be ditching those 60s headlight conversion units and getting period lenses - would transform the feel and proportion of the front of the car.
Hello Jon, I have purchased a pair of L130 headlights probably not original spec but will look better , I agree the front view appeal lets it down, the first thing I noticed too.
I would like to thank you Jon here, for all your help and advise since first communicating with you, appreciated more than you know.
Any thoughts where to buy the hinges for the doors? Louis was adamant gaps not due to sag, new ash wood replaced back end plus strength built into the back, we will see in due course.
rob
Rob, you might find the doors are simply loose on the hinges, easily checked by lifting them at the front - if they move and then fit you know where you stand.  May I ask which part of the country you are in?
Thanks, Chris. Thats what im hoping also. The doors do move up and down on the hinges so very worn. I currently live in Barking Essex, and also have a cottage in Somerset,
and in the near future going to move up to Stanstead / Dunmow area. much more suited roads for the Nippy. Im a London Paramedic so my current address is ideal for work at least. I need to join the Seven club so I can get to see and meet others who live nearby
Does anyone out there live near me? .
Thanks again
Stansted's not all that far, if you fancy meeting up after the move message me. I'd definitely recommend networking a bit with other Nippy owners, there are a few scattered around the eastern counties and Beds.
And you're nearest Clubs would be Cambridge or Essex I guess? Essex probably being the nearer one for you in the Stansted/Dunmow area..
Hi Guys, Essex club looks to be the appropriate area for myself. Chris when I get up that neck of the woods, be nice to arrange a meetup, my son lives in mountfitchet so get up there often. where do you guys recommend buying some hinges for the Nippy doors? assuming they are diff to other Sevens.
Regards Rob RPM
Sorry, no clue Rob! I'd like to think someone here will know though.