The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bantam turbo
Can't see why 5 lb or so of boost would cause problems with the block-crankcase joint; we ran 8.5 lb of boost on an A7 racecar for several seasons without any issues with that joint. I'm not sure I would run such a fine filter as 70 microns on the suck side of the oil pump though; something a bit more like a tea strainer on the inlet side would be all that's necessary to protect the pump along with a conventional full flow filter on the outlet side.
Good on you Steve, you will learn alot from this project and i assume that you are not chasing 5lbs manifold pressure but more like 30 or 40lbs and yes you do need to address keeping the block on however you need to address head studs and gasket first as they will give trouble almost immediately, iam talking from experience and have ran Austin 7s above 40lbs.
Best of luck 
Regards Paul Boatwright
That sounds interesting. Can you tell us more?
Alan Fairless
It's been 7800 rpm and still fine . 5# boost , more in 2020   !!   STEVE
<p><br></p>
Very interesting Steve. It's not what I'd do with my own car but I shall be fascinated to hear how it goes.
I do agree with Stuart Giles though, I'd think twice about that oil pump inlet side filter - a strainer is no problem, but so fine a mesh on the 'suck' side risks cavitation.