The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bantam turbo
[attachment=5586][attachment=5586][attachment=5586]
.jpg   DSCN2606.JPG (Size: 123.7 KB / Downloads: 696)
.jpg   DSCN2608.JPG (Size: 120.83 KB / Downloads: 692)
.jpg   DSCN2609.JPG (Size: 121.55 KB / Downloads: 690) The Bantam is back with the turbo and port injection and air to air intercooler .  Now to plumb and wire it all up !!   The  middle 2 pics are of the 70 micron filter for oil before the oil pump and the ali bar with 4 allen screws is the 2 long studs that go up to the block in the follower galley as extra support for crankcase .  The turbo pumps air to a heat exchanger where the radiator was ,   water tank behind seat with electric pump ,   and than to a Nissan 280z throttle body for air intake control and into a round air box that feeds the 2 intake pipes that have the 2 fuel injectors.  There is a pressure relief valve in the  pipe from heat exchanger that bleeds pressure surge during shifting .  Car is now painted Midnight Blue Pearl !!     STEVE

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCN2605.JPG (Size: 121.6 KB / Downloads: 681)
<p><br></p>
Hi Steve,
that is a brilliant job and well Engineered .
Best of luck with finishing all off and Driving it

Colin
NZ
Hi Steve
Great job would love to see pictures of the whole car.
steve anderson [Image: buddy_offline.png] 
[Image: star.png][Image: star.png]

22-12-2018, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2018, 02:14 PM by steve anderson.)

Adjustable timing gear made from 2 gears , cut inner center half out of one so leaving step on outer edge ,  for second gear cut outer half with opposite step to fit first one , drill / tap 3 places with adjustment slot for screws/bolts . Mark as desired for advance ( lower rpm power ) and retard for (upper rpm power) ..  Electric oil pump from racing rear end (differential) ,  look under Nascar used parts , makes 50 psi. , pump to circulate oil for cooling .. Tap sump for intake oil , outgoing oil to wherever you want , one way check valve at pressure side . I have gear internal pump , and ali.  sump .  I have  Hadley crank with  timing cover to filter oil and  put oil to front of crank . Oiling system also supplies oil to lifter/follower side cover and cam center bushing from outside crankcase.  STEVE

(22-12-2018, 11:15 AM)Douglas Anderson Wrote: Wrote:[Image: Steve-Anderson-car.jpg]

More pictures in this thread Edgar
THREAD LINK, and another picture from the internet. Amazing project.
[Image: img_2392_0.jpg]
anyone running a book to see how long it takes to spit the block off the crankcase?
I must admit to having the same thoughts.l obviously wouldn’t wish ill on this project and hope that with all the developments gone into this that retention of the block will have been addressed.
This is a very expensive engine, I would hate to see it end in tears.
It is certainly unusual to see an Austin Seven engine used in drag racing, I can’t help but ask why?
but the rest of might learn something from it.
Hi Zeto,
A lot of people derive pleasure from the  technical side of things making something work better mixing different components from different times.
Also if something goes Bank when pushing the boundary it's just back to the drawing board.
And that is also just part of development it can be costly
there have been a lot standard engines go Bank
Just enjoy working on your Austin the way that gives a person the most pleasure we are all different

Colin
NZ
History would suggest that with circa 5lb turbo boost (according to the previous thread) the block will probably stay on the crankcase for as long as Steve needs it to. I would think a critical factor might be RPM. I presume final drive ratios for runs on salt with (as I understand it) a run up to give a flying start would be rather higher than one might use for drag racing but no doubt Steve will enlighten me. An intriguing project and interesting to see.

Regards,
Stuart
Colin, I am not decrying what is being done.I too enjoy engineering challenges, I am currently supercharging a Fiat twincam engine in my Morgan.Nothing is available off the shelf, I have fabricated 
pulleys, tensioner, Brackets, manifold, plenum, air to water intercooler, , a Morgan engine bay is very narrow , that in itself has made it more difficult.If I thought this wouldn't work or was going to blow up I wouldn't do it.I have a fair idea of the work involved in the Bantam