The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Manifold Flange 4 Branch
Where could I find a new manifold flange for a 4 branch manifold?
Austin Seven Components. It's always worth checking the various suppliers lists/web sites first.

Steve
(06-02-2019, 09:51 AM)Steve Jones Wrote: Austin Seven Components. It's always worth checking the various suppliers lists/web sites first.

Steve

I have checked quite a few. However I think I will get one cut locally now. Thanks anyway
There’s one on EBay for £11.99 plus £3.95 pp
Just google Austin 7 manifold. :-)

Bill G

Ps if you can make 4 branch exhausts let’s know byDM
Based near the Scottish Border,
I've got some stainless steel one I had made up years ago, you can have one if you want.

Leon
Stewart Palmer used to make ulsteroid type and bunch of banana exhaust manifolds (at least he had them fabricated…) but it seem his website is down
(08-02-2019, 12:07 PM)Michael D Wrote: Stewart Palmer used  to make ulsteroid type and   bunch of banana exhaust manifolds (at least he had them fabricated…) but it seem his website  is down

He certainly did and I have one of his four branch versions on my Trials Car. Good job, works fine. 

However, going back to the original question, given that Austin 7 Components supply the flange plates, laser cut, for £11.90 why would anyone bother to hunt round 'locally' and try to get one made. Unless you're making a SS manifold and want a plate in that material, the logic is beyond me. 

Steve
I think Stuart is busy with his consultancy business, he is good friends with NBS.
Me just being naughty.. why would you go through all the trouble to work out how to make something you can buy readily made? Btw this is Stu's website.....http://rally200022.wixsite.com/austin-7-special
Well Michael, I like to make things because I enjoy it. Also it usually involves spending time but hardly any cost!
Dave, (an impecunious enthusiast.)