The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Goodwood revival
Went to the revival for the first time on Sunday and had a great day. The racing was superb with drivers of very expensive machines giving no quarter. One or two had damage that won't buff out very easily to say the least.

There was at least one Austin 7 there as I was beside a very nice black special on the way in. I hope the driver did not get too muddy or wet getting home - the car park was beginning to look like Glastonbury when I left. Were there any more A7's there?
There were quite a few about, saw some in the car park.

As a grumpy old git who has been many times I no longer go in.

I park in a normal car park and wander around the 'classic' car park with another grumpy old git criticising everyone else's cars...plenty of fun and free!

For those of us who live nearby, finding things connected to Goodwood that are free is an entertaining hobby.
(13-09-2017, 06:15 PM)Michael Wrote: There were quite a few about, saw some in the car park.

As a grumpy old git who has been many times I no longer go in.

I park in a normal car park and wander around the 'classic' car park with another grumpy old git criticising everyone else's cars...plenty of fun and free!

For those of us who live nearby, finding things connected to Goodwood that are free is an entertaining hobby.

I can relate to that! Where was the classic car park?
I hear tell that they charge £5.80 per pint of indifferent bitter in the bar at Goodwood. Is this true...
There were quite a few A7's around, saloons, specials and several Ulsters. The Hartwell special was in the pre 66 car park on Sunday. The mud made it hard work for those in older machinery but most managed very well considering.
The classic car park (properly called pre '66) is over the road from the main entrance (or over the bridge).
We went on Saturday and possibly picked the best day of the weekend weather-wise. Marvellous specatacle and very noticeable that this year most (I'd guess 95%) people were dressed up in style.

I asked the price of the Swallow and was told it is not for sale but they had spent 'around £100,000' on its restoration. The chap also added 'I don't know if it would command anything like that in the market'. 'Possibly not' I said, trying not to collapse with laughter.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8vjMde

Some snaps from the day are here. I apologise that a couple of the photos of the TVRs in the Motor Show are blurred. I think my blood pressure was up a bit. Debs said 'It must be the lovely cars.' I said, 'What cars?'
Great photos in your album! I was so looking forward to seeing the P38 fly, but it took quite a while to start up then messed off after only two or three circuits. Mind you can't blame it as a rain storm blew through when it was airborne.
Great photos, Nick. I see that TVR has gone more PC from their promotional days of the early seventies!