The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Slippery Anne update
Most impressive! I too would love to see it in the flesh, please keep us informed of your planned attendances at events.
An excellent re-creation of a famous car

One area of the car is causing pause for thought, I am unsure of which oil to use in the 1923 back diff/axel, the mixture of oil and grease recommended in the old lubricating charts sound 'interesting', 

From memory the original differential lube was a mixture of 'engine oil and yellow grease'- yellow grease has long gone, replaced by Lithium grease- not sure how this mixes with SAE 30.  

Your suggestion of D 140 sounds good (non sulphur phosphorous)
Looks great. How can we find you on Instagram?
I would suggest using SAE 140. Although the rear axle on my RP does not get anything like the stress of a racing axle, Using SAE140 has quietened it down no end. Modern oils are also far superior to anything that would have been available almost a century ago.

Absolutely stunning car, by the way!
Fantastic work Mark! A real inspiration, well done.
Superb work Mark. It would be great to see her in the flesh....perhaps you can keep us updated when you plan to compete in her.
Hi Duncan,
I am entered for all this years VSCC Sprints and Hill Climbs, of course actually turning up with the car is dependent on making her fit to run, I will keep you posted!

Regards, Mark

Please look for markgeorge1210.

Regards, Mark
Hi Mark,
Hats off to you! Superb. Can you tell us a bit more about how you attached the linen so taughtly and what 'dope' you will use.

Paul N-M
Would that include Harewood Hill climb?I hope so, as it's on my doorstep.
(19-02-2020, 09:00 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Would that include Harewood Hill climb?I hope so, as it's on my doorstep.

When I spoke to Mark at the weekend, Harewood was certainly in his plans. Entries not open yet so we can't be more definite. 

Steve