The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosengart LR4 being auctioned
I was at the auction Derek and had a look at the Rosengart. Nice enough but not first quality. I think it went for about £8,000.

Generally, and unlike several other houses of late, the catalogue estimates were pretty accurate. I saw no real bargains except for a  nicely done 1951 Ford hot rod that struck me as relatively cheap, also at about £8K.
Couple of snaps of the car.

.jpg   P1100274sm.jpg (Size: 213.89 KB / Downloads: 456)

.jpg   P1100276sm.jpg (Size: 218.51 KB / Downloads: 457)
Now advertised at a dealer for £11,950!
Thanks chaps, will be interesting to see if it sells at that price
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I can see it becoming an impulse buy Aston Martin Cygnet-style tender to a Bugatti owner... bought with small change.
that dealer being the well known Mr Julius Thurgood.. knowing the kind of cars he used to trade in, I'd never thought he would engage with cars of this kind....obviously these cars are now becoming 'the connoisseurs choice'?? https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1075709
I've just looked at the auction results and there are some lots including the Rosengart that still have the "Estimate £" rather than "Result inc Premium £", so it looks as if it didn't reach the reserve but was then sold after the auction for an undisclosed price.