The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Sevens on St Helena
Thank you everyone for your responses, 

Very interesting Derek, could you post a link to the 2002 sighting?

Great to hear of your experiences and see the photos Jack. On the website Mr Soloman is described as " St Helena’s leading and most enterprising inhabitant", so I would not be surprised if the businesses were all owned by the same man, but I will check if he also had interests in Ushuaia. Thank you Steve for posting the article on the Ascension Island cars, what an interesting story.

I have made contact with the gentleman that built the website I linked to, and both him and his son have been actively looking for 'number one'. They have kindly offered to assist me in compiling an article for the grey mag. I would be hugely appreciative if anyone else has any other information.
(13-09-2017, 08:15 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Thank you everyone for your responses, 

Very interesting Derek, could you post a link to the 2002 sighting?

Great to hear of your experiences and see the photos Jack. On the website Mr Soloman is described as " St Helena’s leading and most enterprising inhabitant", so I would not be surprised if the businesses were all owned by the same man, but I will check if he also had interests in Ushuaia. Thank you Steve for posting the article on the Ascension Island cars, what an interesting story.

I have made contact with the gentleman that built the website I linked to, and both him and his son have been actively looking for 'number one'. They have kindly offered to assist me in compiling an article for the grey mag. I would be hugely appreciative if anyone else has any other information.

Sorry Timothy ,read it all out of context.

In 2002 Mrs Hilda Benjamin recalled an encounter she had with Number 1:
Quote:
It was just coming on dark, when I first saw the headlights of the car travelling down Constitution Road. I was 15 years old, and living at Maldivia House at the time. I asked our house keeper, Maggie Francis, who it was and realising it was Mr Solomon’s number 1, I ran as fast as I could down the road to St. John’s Church and met the car just as I reached the corner. Mr Peter Brooks was driving the car that night, and I asked if I could have a ride. He agreed, and drove me down to Reagons where my Grandmother was living. When the ride came to an end I thanked Mr Brooks and felt proud to have ridden in number 1.
It’s (probably) not still running…it’s seen below at various dates:

Hope that you can read this
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.