The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which are the best Austin 7 Ruby Tyres 400/425 x 17
Doesn't effect your choice Dave, but I thought THIS thread from the old forum might be useful for anyone else shopping for tyres for 17" wheels.
Sounds like you've made a good choice.
(13-09-2017, 08:49 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Doesn't effect your choice Dave, but I thought THIS thread from the old forum might be useful for anyone else shopping for tyres for 17" wheels.
Sounds like you've made a good choice.

WOW that's an interesting link to the past and I'm glad I opted for Longstone, I'll keep everyone posted as to how I get on removing the Armstrong and fitting the Longstone.
Smile 
Well I've successfully fitted all my new Longstone Tyres, it wasn't the easiest job as I managed to nip a couple of the new inner tubes. which meant that I quickly learnt to take a lot more care with using the tyre lever.

A couple of quick hints ;

Never use a tyre lever over 90 degrees to the tyre and use the smallest tyre lever possible. 
Powder the inner tube and fold it into a U before fitting.
Once in place inflate the tube just enough to form its shape and then ensure the valve is pushed back in with the nut just threaded.
Take a lot of care with the tyre levers slowly, slowly and a lot of patience. 
It worked for me with no more nipped tubes.

As for the Longstone tyres, they run smooth and the steering and handling is more responsive, and they look good.

Longstone themselves were very good, the delivery was next day and free, the advice from Simon was excellent and friendly I definitely recommend them.

Now to get out into the sunshine for a quick run.

Dave, sunny Cumbria Cool