The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BR 48 Front Cross Member brackets
Hi All,

On my SWB Ulster rep, I have discovered, for reasons quite unknown to me, that I am missing the brackets that support the body across the break of the floor to the firewall. Does anyone have a set or even one of these from which I could fabricate copies to mount. They appear from photos to have been riveted(steel, I think) to the cross member. It would seem to be an important thing to have these and the corresponding pieces on the footwells.

Erich in Seattle
(16-01-2019, 12:47 AM)Erich Wrote: Hi All,

On my SWB Ulster rep, I have discovered, for reasons quite unknown to me, that I am missing the brackets that support the body across the break of the floor to the firewall. Does anyone have a set or even one of these from which I could fabricate copies to mount. They appear from photos to have been riveted(steel, I think) to the cross member. It would seem to be an important thing to have these and the corresponding pieces on the footwells.

Erich in Seattle
Erich - Are you sure you don't have a 1923 chassis ?  (they didn't have them either).  Seriously though, the brackets are easy to make from 1/8" steel.  I'll send you a drawing if you let me know your email address.  Mine's ausevenoz @ gmail.com   Cheers,  Bill in Oz.
Hi Bill, Thank you. I just sent you a PM.

Erich in Seattle
(17-01-2019, 12:19 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:

Erich in Seattle
Erich - Are you sure you don't have a 1923 chassis ?  (they didn't have them either).  Seriously though, the brackets are easy to make from 1/8" steel.  I'll send you a drawing if you let me know your email address.  Mine's ausevenoz @ gmail.com   Cheers,  Bill in Oz.
Hi bill,

Do you know when they started fitting these brackets.

thanks Tony.
(17-01-2019, 10:49 AM)Tony Betts Wrote:

Erich in Seattle
Hi bill,

thanks Tony.

Bill noted - Are you sure you don't have a 1923 chassis ?  (they didn't have them either)

So could be after 1923 ?
(17-01-2019, 10:01 PM)Tony Press Wrote:
(17-01-2019, 10:49 AM)Tony Betts Wrote:

Erich in Seattle
Hi bill,

thanks Tony.

Bill noted - Are you sure you don't have a 1923 chassis ?  (they didn't have them either)

So could be after 1923 ?
Tony P - Think there's a misunderstanding here as it was only a joke.  Thought this would be obvious when I followed it with "seriously" etc. as there weren't too many chassies prior to 1923.
Tony Betts.  Can't be certain as to exact change - In one Parts List 353b I've sorted out  the additions/omissions for the period, I would say would be Pre March 1924 and there are no central brackets shown.   A Parts List 353f which I'd claim as post July 1924 shows them.  The same book indicates the change to the chassis nose with the 4-bolt arrangement for the separate cows horns, whereas the earlier book shows the nosepiece to suit the one piece cows horn bracket.  So maybe both changes were made at the same time in between March and July?  Hope this hasn't confused you.   Cheers,  Bill