The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dynamators Gear Wear & Reliability
Does anyone have the starting time at Ludlow for the Clee Hills and knowledge of the best locations for spectating?
David, if you let me have your email adress I can send you the entry list with start times, and also the list of sections with grid refs circulated to marshalls. What I can't tell you is which hills are best for spectators, others may contribute this.
.Hi, A few further words on my dynamater. Done a few miles with it now after a front end rebuild & refitting the original austin gears. Went for a run in the sunshine on Tues morning. On the way back home the ammeter was swinging between charge & is charge every few seconds. Managed to get home ok, but went to start car today-no ignition light & no charge. Contacted BBclassics who told me there is a 2 year guarantee so it goes back tomorrow. Did a full rewire when I fitted it but seriously thinking about going back to 12v dynamo & electronic regulator. Has anyone else had same problem?
Are you using an electric fuel pump?

I have seen this on other cars when the circuit is wired incorrectly & is in circuit with the fuel pump.

Just a thought.
No electric pump, just normal mechanical pump. Dynamater just gave up the ghost for no reason. Thought it could be a cheap option but now having second thoughts. Prob bite the bullet & go back to rebuilt dynamo & electronic regulator.
I think this post will run for a long time.You pay your money and take your chorce.If you intend to do a lot of night driving I would go down the 12volt road with a solid state regulator.
Earlier this year we swapped from a 12V Dynamo to a 12V Dynamator, at the same time I had the dynamo reconditioned & bought a solid state regulator box, just in case.

So far the Dyanamator has been superb. Only 150 or so miles so far though.
For any who are in any doubt about the VSCC view of alternators on cars running in any class...............….

Quote from VSCC published "Eligibility of Cars"

"8. The following items are specifically banned unless of a type or material originally fitted to or used in the car concerned:

Disc brakes; turbochargers; electronic ignition or other engine management systems; alternators; telescopic shock absorbers; toothed belts; modern, tuned length, exhaust systems; fuel injection and the use of modern materials such as titanium, carbon fibre or glass-reinforced plastic."
I remember seeing a lovely set of titanium con rods the late Paul Morgan had made for his vintage Vauxhall (30-98?). I wonder if the VSCC has a look inside many engines for such modern mods?
Undisguised alternators look awful on oldies. The tuned exhaust is tricky. Does this debar 4 into 1? How much do the lengths have to differ to be OK? Many seem to be cut for revs unimagined when the cars were new!