The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dynamators Gear Wear & Reliability
(30-08-2022, 07:21 PM)JoeRowing Wrote: I wish there was a source of good dynamos Sad

There is. But you have to accept that a properly re-conditioned dynamo isn't cheap. However, once done, it's likely to out-live you.

Steve
(30-08-2022, 07:37 PM)Steve Jones Wrote:
(30-08-2022, 07:21 PM)JoeRowing Wrote: I wish there was a source of good dynamos Sad

There is. But you have to accept that a properly re-conditioned dynamo isn't cheap. However, once done, it's likely to out-live you.

Steve

Armoto? dynamo and regulator conversions?
Vince Leek.
Awesome - Thanks.
Yes, Vince Leek or Armoto. There's also a company near Preston who seem to do a good job as well but I can't remember their name off hand.

Steve
https://www.smartpowerclassicandvintage.co.uk/   very pleased with Pauls work.
Vince Leek +1...and more.
(30-08-2022, 08:09 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: Yes, Vince Leek or Armoto. There's also a company near Preston who seem to do a good job as well but I can't remember their name off hand.

Steve

Ribblesdale auto electrical ?
I went through three Dynamator units which all failed in a very short time. I did use the original Austin drive gears but I could tell by the sound that it was meshing too tightly, I cured the meshing problem by experimenting with thicker gaskets.
Once I'd got it running OK I was initially very pleased with the performance of the Dynamator but each one failed in a few weeks.
Fortunately I had resisted the temptation of selling my original dynamo to recoup some of the costs and eventually sent it to Dynamo and Regulators in Lincoln.
I also purchased one of their electronic regulators and since fitting both have had no problems.
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Our Dynamator is still performing faultlessly, after 4 years and about 6000 miles.

I think it must one of very few that does do what it should, however.