The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS CAR
(14-01-2019, 12:13 AM)dickie65 Wrote: Hi,
My Dad had a chummy with a back end like your car in the early sixties,
I have a slide photo of it somewhere and its petrol ration book.
I will have to try and find it.

Lovely ribs on the guards, Lucas style sidelights would look better.

Is that a direct drive starter on the magneto motor?

Nice special.
(13-01-2019, 10:11 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Steve, I don't think you need worry about its VSCC classification: with documentation showing a 47xxx chassis number according to the Association Chassis Register I'm sure Paul will have no difficulty in getting the VSCC to accept its 1927 dating.

Phew, that's us lower orders in Champagne class still safe then! I know the VSCC has had some "communication challenges" but the very brave acting President Jenny Lees has publicly adopted a plan to accept all pre-1939 cars, thus Rubies, as well as  Model Y Fords and Standard Flying Nines might be able to compete with the thoroughbreds of the PVT.
Some of us thoroughbred chummies are looking at the champagne class, too. The clues are easier and a bottle appeals more than another tankard.
Alan Fairless
(14-01-2019, 12:28 AM)Tony Press Wrote:
(14-01-2019, 12:13 AM)dickie65 Wrote: Hi,
My Dad had a chummy with a back end like your car in the early sixties,
I have a slide photo of it somewhere and its petrol ration book.
I will have to try and find it.

Lovely ribs on the guards, Lucas style sidelights would look better.

Is that a direct drive starter on the magneto motor?

Nice special.

The side lights are GE Cup, as is the bulkhead and it seems the wings and stays. The nickle cowl points that way too. It would be a pity to remove what on the face of it looks like  an original feature if we were to assume it started life as a Cup, then as the body deteriorated was made into this.

Can we see some of the underside? The transmission tunnel, the body mounting brackets? and the underside of the rear engine mounts please?
That is exactly what I was thinking... and there might be a chassis plate visible too on the rear crossmember.
Paul, I have sent you a pm

Regards,

Stuart
Hi All

New photos to cast an eye over, hope I've covered all requests.

Ruairidh carb details as follows.
Carb number C1565
Main jet 2.0
Needle Valve 1.5
Its the first time I have looked at the carb in detail, glad I did.
Float chamber full of black slimy stuff but more importantly throttle not opening fully, due to loose spindle nut.
Investigation found the spindle shaft thread damaged resulting in only able to tighten to finger tightness.

Many thanks for your interest, comments very welcome, up to six months ago I had no experience of Austin Seven's but learning fast!

Hi All

New photos to cast an eye over, hope I've covered all requests.

Ruairidh carb details as follows.
Carb number C1565
Main jet 2.0
Needle Valve 1.5
Its the first time I have looked at the carb in detail, glad I did.
Float chamber full of black slimy stuff but more importantly throttle not opening fully, due to loose spindle nut.
Investigation found the spindle shaft thread damaged resulting in only able to tighten to finger tightness.

Many thanks for your interest, comments very welcome, up to six months ago I had no experience of Austin Seven's but learning fast!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you Paul.
So that's pretty conclusively an ex Cup then!
The carb is a 22 so a bit over-choked perhaps... That one is probably 80/57 jets if it hasn't been changed. There is another identical variant which is a 20 which would be better suited if you can find one...
Thanks for the extra pictures, Paul.

Regards,
Stuart