The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin C/W and pinion set up tool...
I have been looking for a picture of the eccentric disc setup tool for Austin C/W and Pinions - I know I have seen it somewhere but cannot find it.

Does anyone have a picture they are willing to share please?
It is in the Service Journal, page 194 in my copy, I can't scan to upload at present but let me know if you do not have a copy.
Black Art Enthusiast
I have a copy but that is not the correct page in mine.

I have originals - can you tell me the date on the top left and number top right please Ian? Thank you.
Mine is an old reprint from the 80's so the dates are not shown, I would say that it is from 1933 journal, the narrative mentions information shown pages 138 and 140......hope that narrows it down.

The source book also shows what you are after P535
Black Art Enthusiast
Got it! Thank you Ian!

Page 130 in the 1933 journal and page 188 in the most recent reprint, thanks again.
Are you considering getting an eccentric gauge made Ruairidh? Do you know the dimension of the earlier type gauge used in the banjo axles, I have always thought making one off these would be a tremendous time saver with these earlier axles, the D type are not quite so bad to set up but still time consuming.
Black Art Enthusiast
Yes, and I agree.

I will let you know how the project turns out.
(10-09-2017, 10:00 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have been looking for a picture of the eccentric disc setup tool for Austin C/W and Pinions - I know I have seen it somewhere but cannot find it.

Does anyone have a picture they are willing to share please?

Is that the tool shown in The Source Book page 535 as Tool No. XLW 1102 ?

Cheers, Tony.
Hello Ruairidh,
Vince Leek was offering his set up for this recently, not sure if it is still available.
Advert is HERE under club adverts.
Thanks Timothy - very helpful indeed.