The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Battery Isolator-which one!
It would be rude ro ask what sort of surgery causes one to consider brake fluid whilst recovering. My understanding of hydraulics is  informed by having a 2CV. What made you discard the Bowdenex brakes, other than being too sensible to do autosolos? Does that mean that you no longer require them?
(13-01-2019, 10:01 PM)Steve kay Wrote: It would be rude ro ask what sort of surgery causes one to consider brake fluid whilst recovering. My understanding of hydraulics is  informed by having a 2CV. What made you discard the Bowdenex brakes, other than being too sensible to do autosolos? Does that mean that you no longer require them?

Let's just say that when I stand up I feel like a grandfather clock! It's been a long weekend.

The trouble with Bowden cables is that they develop excessive friction if not scrupulously maintained (and who does that!?) Thus with time the perceived benefits may be lost. I'd never driven on anything else so decided to give the standard set up a try and so far have been reasonably pleased, notwithstanding the aforementioned. Jury's out though so I'm hanging onto my Bowden cables! I might have an elderly spare set if you want them though, if not to renovate they might be used as a pattern.