The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrate the Seven 2019...
Does anybody know who is taking part in the Twickenham to Tokyo event, cars, drivers and timescale?

Can we get updates via the Forum?
Hi R,

Chris bakery is organising the run, I'm sure there will be updates on his site.

We would have loved to have joined them, but the car is not ready. And family are not in the possition to take the dog for that long.

Chris has a lot of work to do himself before is own car is ready.

I only received the rods for his engine today. See my next thread.

Wishing them all the best though.

Tony.
I have seen the site and follow it but there is not s lot of detail about who, which cars, when and route etc.

Very interested to know more.
Would love to hear more about this.
Hi R, and chris.

I've emailed chris Blakey on this subject, hopefully he will come forward and bring you all up to date.

i don't like to try and speak for him,

Tony.
I have a spare seat, if anyone fancies a bit of a run?

Jan is unlikely to be able to come with me.

The plan is to meet in Sapporo, watch a bit of Rugby, and have a holiday in Japan.

Simon
"Celebrate the Seven" 2019 Rugby World cup Trans Siberian Challenge.
From an original interest group of 8 cars almost two years ago, we are now a dynamic group of three cars. These being my family in BBM a RTC special, Simon above in his tourer and Nick and Juliette from Yorkshire. Over the last two years we have attended over thirty events both Motoring and Rugby, to promote the might A7 and our exciting project. We have distributed over 400 of the little "Celebrate the Seven" handbooks. Motoring enthusiasts outside of the normal Austin 7 family being our target group. We have spent the last year developing contacts across Russia and Japan and have now, I am pleased to say, some very positive support in both countries, although there exists some dis-belief at our silliness! We have been invited for example to put on our display at Bristol Rugby for their match on the 19th of this month against the Russian team Enisie STM from Krasnoyarsk in Siberia where we hope to make new friends and raise more funds to buy Rugby kit for children in Russia. We are very fortunate to have the support of the British and National motor museums, and personally much help from some of our cherished suppliers. We are now in the final logistical and booking phase and chasing further support and sponsorship. In my case I am working on the car under the very watchful eye of Dave Williams. The question is will I ever be able to "take the pebble from his hand" and fly free?( For those of a certain age) There is more info and occasional updates at www.celebratetheseven.org or just contact me. christopherblakey@hotmail.co.uk 07704140884 Hope that helps. Chris
Hi Chris,

when do you head off and long long do you expect it to take you?

I am very interested in the route you plan to take.

Please keep info coming.

Best,

Ruairidh
(06-01-2019, 05:07 PM)Chris Blakey Wrote: "Celebrate the Seven" 2019 Rugby World cup Trans Siberian Challenge.
From an original interest group of 8 cars almost two years ago, we are now a dynamic group of three cars. These being my family in BBM a RTC special, Simon above in his tourer and Nick and Juliette from Yorkshire. Over the last two years we have attended over thirty events both Motoring and Rugby, to promote the might A7 and our exciting project. We have distributed over 400 of the little "Celebrate the Seven" handbooks. Motoring enthusiasts outside of the normal Austin 7 family being our target group. We have spent the last year developing contacts across Russia and Japan and have now, I am pleased to say, some very positive support in both countries, although there exists some dis-belief at our silliness! We have been invited for example to put on our display at Bristol Rugby for their match on the 19th of this month against the Russian team Enisie STM from Krasnoyarsk in Siberia where we hope to make new friends and raise more funds to buy Rugby kit for children in Russia. We are very fortunate to have the support of the British and National motor museums, and personally much help from some of our cherished suppliers. We are now in the final logistical and booking phase and chasing  further support and sponsorship. In my case I am working on the car under the very watchful eye of Dave Williams. The question is will I ever be able to "take the pebble from his hand" and fly free?( For those of a certain age) There is more info and occasional updates at www.celebratetheseven.org or just contact me. christopherblakey@hotmail.co.uk  07704140884  Hope that helps. Chris

You seem to have everything under control Chris; but I have a few contacts in Kanagawa and also know a couple of English / Japanese translators if you are struggling with anything at that end.
Hi Chris, many thanks for that. Would love to chat with you directly if possible as we really do appreciate all relevant contacts which may help us succeed. Cheers Chris.