The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID chassis from poor pictures
unless you can find a convenient undamaged SWB body kicking around close to you... but finding the other bits required over there to create something complete is going to be more expensive than over here
If this chassis is in the USA then my experience may be interest.
I acquired an AG tourer (short chassis,steel Chummy body 1931/2 build ) as part of a " buy one get one free " deal , so it came as a "parts car" without a car title. Value for customs was a nominal $2000.I found it was not as bad as described & in fact did run.
I then found (amazingly) another AG complete & rough (non runner),but with an interesting back story and it cost twice as much
So this chassis would , in my opinion, be about $1000. as a real "pig in a poke" it could even be ANOTHER AG !!!
Having re read the back story on the Ruby (what a nice find!) & as the chassis is rhd, I cut my estimate! I agree with the previous.. $200-500!
David
This whole exercise may turn out being for naught. (I am glad Nick enjoyed the game) I received a message from the owner. It was an MG PB chassis he moved to a friend's. He left the 7 chassis in the shed when he moved out. He "is sorry, had he known, he would have given it to me". Too bad that wasn't the plan when I was picking up the Ruby. For free, I'd have made the time to get it. I asked him to give my contact info to the new owner of the shed. He did move a "30's Triumph" motorcycle, a '60's Triumph Cub, MG TC, Alvis Firebird and a Dellow. Apparently there is a PB chassis out there too. These are all for sale. If anyone may be interested, I can forward his contact info. I have 15 pictures of the Dellow and a few of the TC. It is a sad story, one that I may repeat someday, he has reached a point that he realized he will never finish his projects. I have at least 9 "project cars" now (I'll be 58, this year}. I know exactly how he got to his present state. I'm incurable. If I had had the means, I still would have brought all of his projects home with me. Thanks again for all of your help. A forum like this is an incredible resource ! I look forward to to everyone's help and advice when I start on the Ruby. Thanks again !