The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID chassis from poor pictures
The fellow that I bought my Ruby from also had a chassis in the back of his shed. I am thinking about it again (don't tell my wife). I don't know if is worth the effort though. It may be 2500 mi from me. I have these 6 (bad) pictures. Can anyone cipher what it may be ? TIA, Mike[Image: DSCN5481.JPG][Image: DSCN5482.JPG][Image: DSCN5483.JPG][Image: DSCN5484.JPG][Image: DSCN5485.JPG][Image: DSCN5486.JPG]
That looks like a 1932-34 high-frame long chassis, 4-speed gearbox, Girling front brakes with Bowndenex conversion and an interesting semi-rod conversion to the rear brakes; looks like an ideal candidate for a special!
Edit: it has the early-type banjo rear axle, so almost certainly a 1932 chassis.
That's a pre-1930 axle surely? Though I'm not sure what those extra brackets are.
Chris,I think you're right, it's a 1930-32 short chassis, the rear extensions on the long chassis had double body mounting holes each side. The four-speed gearbox mislead me  Angel
Definitely merits further enquiries in my estimation. Depends what the owner wants for it I guess...

If the red brake drums are anything to go by it may have been a special at some time, or intended to be.
It's an early type back axle, pre late 1929, no side adjusters and short nosepiece. The chassis would therefore suggest itself as late SWB with coupled brakes, 1930 - 32. The last SWB cars were produced in very late '31 into early '32, alongside LWB cars and sold as a "Standard" model.
It looks to me as though at least the torque tube and banjo and side tubes are earlier than 1929.
Could be; they are brazed construction rather than welded. Don't know when that process changed......
The aluminium bump to the right of the gearbox (looking from the rear) suggests the starter motor is fixed direct to the crank case... So the engine is late '31 on...

It's a good game this... Better than spot the difference!
No, Nick. September '32 onwards.