The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlamps
Can anyone suggest headlamps the might be suitable for a 1932 AG? My originals (Lucas -Graves) are pretty battered & will require a fair bit of love & attention (not to mention a severe beating!) I am looking for a temporary solution that will not look too out of place. As the car was much modified/updated in the 60's & my restoration is taking it to how it probably was back then, something of that era would be ok. Any ideas?
There are all sorts of "Harley Davidson(sic)!" copies on ebay from about £12 ! (plastic shells!! one star response "useless!"), but I think I may be able to do better than that.
(03-01-2019, 11:24 AM)David.H Wrote: Can anyone suggest headlamps the might be suitable for a 1932 AG? My originals (Lucas -Graves) are pretty battered & will require a fair bit of love & attention (not to mention a severe beating!) I am looking for a temporary solution that will not look too out of place. As the car was much modified/updated in the 60's & my restoration is taking it to how it probably was back then, something of that era would be ok. Any ideas?
There are all sorts of "Harley Davidson(sic)!" copies on ebay from about £12 ! (plastic shells!! one star response "useless!"), but I think I may be able to do better than that.

Stuart Joseph is your man. He's on this forum. 01785 850916
I'd get some new A7Workshop reflectors and some flat glass cut to size and use the battered outers and rims.. will look far more in keeping? Then you can use the reflectors again in something else if you do get posh ones in future.

Modern ones or cheap tractor ones that look like christmas puddings, with the wrong style of rim (without a recess to the glass) always look rubbish imho.