The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring for Lucas -Graves lamps
I am now at the stage of replacing the wiring on the 1932 AG tourer and am wondering about the headlamp wiring.
The car has it's original Lucas -Graves dipping headlamps with a dip switch on the column. My query is that the holes for three wires into this original switch are tiny and don't look "big " enough to take the load for headlamps; they go on down the column & on to a 4 way junction box on the scuttle behind the tank. I have taken advice from this forum (I hope I can find it!) about how to wire the lamps up, but wonder if I should try & put a relay (are there 6v relays? I have lots of 12v ones) to take the load off this switch ...or even an in-line fuse in the system

Found & (this time) printed the diagram! How could/should I put a relay in...?
Hello David, I would always advise the fitting of a relay which can be located under the dash. 6v relays are available and are stocked by David C of our cherished suppliers or on line.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
Thanks...now to sort out where the relay wires go.
I am sure someone will tell me where to put them!!
David, if you would send me an email - stuart.joseph@btinternet.com - with your postal address I will send you (via snail mail) a wiring diagram.

Regards

Stuart