The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year's Motoring
Debs and I send season's greeting to you all. We must confess though, that taking such action worries us a little. It is in fact somewhat difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without potentially causing offense especially in this sensitive group spreading over several generations. Therefore we had to seek lawyers' advice and here is what we feel comfortable to say to everybody:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, non denominational, non political celebration of the New Year holiday, practised with the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated time in recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year of  2019, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of their wishes.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms.

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wishers to actually implement any of the wishes for themselves or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishers. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishers.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed directly in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were selectively rearranged.
we accept   Big Grin   and return to senders   Heart
(31-12-2018, 09:08 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Debs and I send season's greeting to you all. We must confess though, that taking such action worries us a little. It is in fact somewhat difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without potentially causing offense especially in this sensitive group spreading over several generations. Therefore we had to seek lawyers' advice and here is what we feel comfortable to say to everybody:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, non denominational, non political celebration of the New Year holiday, practised with the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated time in recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year of  2019, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of their wishes.

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wishers to actually implement any of the wishes for themselves or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishers. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishers.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed directly in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were selectively rearranged.

Well- from a land once taken over by the British with their Irish convicts I send best wishes to Austin Sevenists for the new year.

I believe the Anglo Saxons have by now gone some way to forgiving the Vikings and the Normans, while the Protestants,  Church of England, Catholics and the Jewish Religion have to some extent overcome their differences so there is a vague hope that some time in the future the world could be a more forgiving place.

Tony P.
Well. 2018. TWTYTW. I lost my best mate. Due to that loss my wife said that after 10years of asking I could have an Austin 7 as long as it did not cost over £5K. I joined this forum, I received advice about a car for sale. I bought Vera over the phone with a £250 deposit drove from Sussex to Grimsby with a trailer and never looked back. Thanks for all of your help in 2018, I will need much more in the future. Special thanks to Gary Edwards for his guidance and support. Happy New Year. Peter.

Vera

(31-12-2018, 09:08 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Debs and I send season's greeting to you all. We must confess though, that taking such action worries us a little. It is in fact somewhat difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without potentially causing offense especially in this sensitive group spreading over several generations. Therefore we had to seek lawyers' advice and here is what we feel comfortable to say to everybody:

Thank you Nick and the same to you and your good lady.

However your wishes are based on the premise that it is New Year.  A significant proportion of the World does not, I believe, recognise the Gregorian calendar.  So you may have inadvertently upset them???

Howard
Happy New Year to all
Bleedin' Julianists, if I had my way I'd ban them! Eleven days indeed, harumph.