The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
again.. which tyres ???
The OP mentions a Rosengart, not an A7, perhaps they are different?
(30-12-2018, 11:24 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The OP mentions a Rosengart, not an A7, perhaps they are different?

I thought that but 4.50 x 19 seems large for any A7. (and aren't all Avon Sidecar tyres 3.50 x 19 ?)
I’m pretty sure they are too Tony.

Huh
(30-12-2018, 11:48 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I’m pretty sure they are too Tony.

Huh

Michael noted he was only excluding the Avon's because they were Motorcycle Sidecar Tyres - not because of the size 3.50 x 19- perhaps I am just confused (not unusual) so I will stop right here.
thanks for all the comments. As with regard to the size; 4.50x19 is considered to be the 'standard' size for a Rosengart LR4N2. And I'm aware of the fact that that is not regular A7 size. Obviously Longstones are most popular amongst you and Avons second. No-one having any comments on Waymasters?? Maybe they're not as popular be the reason they are at a discount on eBay now by Vintagetyres?

(30-12-2018, 08:25 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:  I did experience an unnerving experience when the car hopped sideways over an undulation in a manner I didn't expect. Was it the tyres?I don't know, but ...

I'm familiar with that sensation....I think it's not as much due to the tyres as such but to loosing grip for a split second when the undulation negotiated at a certain angle and at certain speed effectively 'launches' the vehicle and that especially in a light car with a live rear axle can make it do a little 'hop' and make the tail go a bit sideways...
I had 450x19 Waymasters on my Lea Francis at one time. I found they had very poor grip in the wet and in the dry they squealed terribly even on the most gentle of bends.

Steve
(31-12-2018, 09:35 AM)Steve Jones Wrote: I had 450x19 Waymasters on my Lea Francis at one time. I found they had very poor grip in the wet and in the dry they squealed terribly even on the most gentle of bends.

Steve

Ah yes so it was you who reported that on Waymasters... no grip and noisy