The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death of another Ruby
This looks to be far too good to be broken up:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1066962

.jpg   10965855.jpg (Size: 65.43 KB / Downloads: 923)

... but the advert clearly states the sale is for the body only  Angry
That's a shame Mike,

It makes me wonder what someone's up to?

It looks like the body has been stripped to made the car look in worse condition than it is.

Perhaps a well known austin person trying to justify the breaking.
From the Leeds location, phone number and the vehicle, drive and garage behind, I'm fairly certain that's the waterski special chap...

I wonder what is being created now?
(30-12-2018, 10:20 AM)Nick Lettington Wrote: From the Leeds location, phone number and the vehicle, drive and garage behind, I'm fairly certain that's the waterski special chap...

I wonder what is being created now?

I was thinking the same thing, Nick.
Anyone got a chassis to swap plus some cash ???? Check out the body number to see if suspicious deal ??
Hi Bob,

I don't get it, you might have to point it out more for me.

I do have a complete rolling chassis for sale though.

But as the body is usually the hard bit to sell, move, etc. You won't find me adding £1,500 to keep the car complete.

I learnt my lesson putting a chummy back together several years ago, and getting slagged down on here for it.
(30-12-2018, 10:00 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: This looks to be far too good to be broken up:

That is a serious shame, cannot believe that it pays to do that.
Why bother there are plenty of chassis available. 
Having said that is this an opportunity for a Ruby restoration to get a decent body?
(30-12-2018, 12:15 PM)Nick Turley Wrote:
(30-12-2018, 10:00 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: This looks to be far too good to be broken up:

That is a serious shame, cannot believe that it pays to do that.
Why bother there are plenty of chassis available. 
Having said that is this an opportunity for a Ruby restoration to get a decent body?
Probably because its got a V5 and reg, makes it a lot easier to 'convert' to a Ulster rep/similar and sell for a lot more than a Ruby. Thats me speculating of course.

Paul N-M
It only makes commercial sense if you cobble together a very rough fabric and non compound bent ali body and sell it as an "incomplete project" to the unwary. If you actually planned to build a Ulster style car on this chassis I doubt that you'd make money.
(30-12-2018, 01:55 PM)Charles P Wrote: It only makes commercial sense if you cobble together a very rough fabric and non compound bent ali body and sell it as an "incomplete project" to the unwary. If you actually planned to build a Ulster style car on this chassis I doubt that you'd make money.
Maybe thats the plan, who knows. We're all speculating.
Time will no doubt tell!

Paul N-M