The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(948) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php(948) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 948 eval
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(948) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(948) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 948 eval
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grasshopper Replica

Over the years on the old thread I often asked questions about Grasshoppers, even when they became politically incorrect! The driving force behind this was to build a replica.

Well, I can now share a couple of pictures of the car, which will hopefully be sufficiently finished to do the PWA7C winter trial in December. My Father has built the body, with my assistance when I have been able, many hundreds of hours have gone into it so far. Dimensionally it is quite an accurate copy of BOA 59. The rad cowl is a temporary GRP one, to be replaced with one made in brass and plated, in due course.

Mechanically it is fairly standard Austin Seven, with a mildly breathed upon engine, for the time being. The intention is to build a blown engine in time (anyone know the whereabouts of a Centric 125?) The colour is an attempt to match the paint found on an original component in an undisturbed state, its not quite right, but not that far off.

Thanks for all the help received so far from forum members and the wider A7 community.

Stuart Palmer
Nice one Stuart!
Brilliant Stuart, looking really good.

Look forward to seeing it out on the hills.
That's really good Stuart! Lots of great craftmanship there.
Cheers,
Dave.
Hello Stuart,
                 The car looks very well, all credit to both of you. Please do keep on posting pictures of the build and updates on your progress. 

Do you have any hints or tips for fellow replica builders? Spending so many hours locked away in my garage building my own car, I am always hungry for threads about similar builds and how my fellow builders go about the task.

Regards, Mark.
Great work Stuart - I'm Green with envy. Cheers, Bill
I have been away all week earning play tokens. Thanks for all the kind words.

Mark, the only advise I can offer, is keep at it, its very easy to allow life to take priority over the important things! lol

Stuart

Unfortunately the pursuit of food tokens has kept me away from the Grasshopper project over the last couple of months, however Father has been continuing the work between other tasks. The back end is coming on now.
(04-11-2017, 09:08 PM)Special Bits Wrote:  Unfortunately the pursuit of food tokens has kept me away from the Grasshopper project over the last couple of months, however Father has been continuing the work between other tasks. The back end is coming on now.

[Image: photo.php?fbid=1711488345589355&set=gm.1...ater&ifg=1][Image: photo.php?fbid=1711488345589355&set=gm.1...ater&ifg=1]

Back end is looking good although the wheels look a bit close to the body

Unfortunately I only get one photograph - the other two are just text ? (same in the first post )

Cheers, Tony.
Over the years I have seen comments like “ the unmentionable “ “ politically incorrect “ “ those green things”. Would somebody explain exactly why the GRASSHOPPER is so devilled.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.