The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information Required Please
Hello, this is a bit of a 'vanity' query really, I guess.

I have recently discovered that my Austin RP was originally registered in 22/7/1933, 'Near Oxford' under its original registration number
JO 7623.
I have also discovered that prior to me there were eight previous owners.

This number (JO 7623) was sold/transfered (presumably to someone name 'Josaphine'!) in April 1993, when my Austin was re-registered under an 'age related' number, SVS 256.

My original registartion number JO 7623 now resides on a 2014 manufactured Ford (so no chance of getting it back)

My question is....by any chance does anyone have any knowledge, information etc of Austin JO 7623, what part of the country the A7 may have 'lived' with previous owner etc?

I would appreciate any information anyone may have, not for any specific purpose, but purely to 'add value' to my experience of the joy of owning and using the A7.

I have had a quick look at the Oxford Local Authority web site, no obvious links to any departments that might have historic vehicle registartion documents and information.
(I will try telephoning them in the new year)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
Oxfordshire County Council's - Oxfordshire History Centre do have the registration record cards for JO registrations from 1930 to 1974. You will need to contact them by phone or email as non of these vehicle records are available online. I'm not sure if Oxfordshire levy a charge, but many Local Authority Archive Departments require a fee paid in advance of around £20 to source the information they hold on your cars registration. Many years ago Oxfordshire C.C. supplied me with lots of information on my Oxford WL registered 1936 Morris 8 Tourer - they were most helpful.

https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/residents...nd-records
(23-12-2018, 09:38 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Oxfordshire County Council's - Oxfordshire History Centre do have the registration record cards for JO registrations from 1930 to 1974. You will need to contact them by phone or email as non of these vehicle records are available online. I'm not sure if Oxfordshire levy a charge, but many Local Authority Archive Departments require a fee paid in advance of around £20 to source the information they hold on your cars registration. Many years ago Oxfordshire C.C. supplied me with lots of information on my Oxford WL registered 1936 Morris 8 Tourer - they were most helpful.

https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/residents...nd-records

Thanks Jeff, most useful. I will follow this up with Oxfordshire County Council. All the best regards.