The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original reg number
I have been contacted by the owner of RN saloon 802 XUP chassis number 147656 asking if I know it's original registration number, unfortunately i don't but do any of you gentlemen know it?
Immediately recognisable to me as an age-related number.
Given this is an age-related number it is interesting that a Google search comes up with a result from a company called 'cazana.com' where they state that the car was first registered on 25th March 1932 in the Carlisle area - which suggests this information is based on the original number?  (The registration date [day/month] is not given in the Austin Seven Chassis Register.) No idea who they are or where their information comes from, but they might have more?
It's looks like a late 50's/early 60's "reversed" number to me. Have they issued these as age related? I'm pretty sure I've only seen normal format numbers (letters before numbers) issued as age related

Charles
XUP is indeed a recent age-related issue (dating from 2003); 801 XUP is on a 1948 grey Ferguson, and 804 XUP is on a 1962 Lambretta!
Sounds to me like some vain git is driving round with its original number on his BMW. The 3 + 3 job is the age related replacement.

A simple vehicle history check, (HPI or whatever) would flag that up, probably give him the original number too.
(17-12-2018, 09:19 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: XUP is indeed a recent age-related issue (dating from 2003); 801 XUP is on a 1948 grey Ferguson, and 804 XUP is on a 1962 Lambretta!

You live and learn. Thanks Mike
(17-12-2018, 12:36 AM)Charles P Wrote: It's looks like a late 50's/early 60's "reversed" number to me. Have they issued these as age related? I'm pretty sure I've only seen normal format numbers (letters before numbers) issued as age related

Charles

This is why they are a complete nonsense on pre-war cars.  "Age UN-related" would be a more appropriate title.

Personally, I'd like to ban the robbing of registrations from old cars.
Further to what I said above, for a fee of £15 it looks like cazana will tell you the registration plate history.  

I agree with Martin it would be better if numbers were not transferable from historic cars. At least recovered original numbers have to stay put.  

Colin
Yes I agree with all on this point. The original Reg Plate for my 1932 RP is now swanning around on an S. TYPE Jag
It was swopped in 1998/99. But the RP does have a proper age related Reg Plate now.
Smiley.