The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body Sag
My 28 Chum has a distinct sag so that the top of the drivers door has about a 1/4" gap. This prevents the door top 'holder' from working properly.
I realise the answer is a rebuild but it is quite original and if i take the body off it would inevitably lead to changes to the interior.
Is it possible to 'wedge' the rear of the body to sort of rectify?
J Williams
You can certainly make up chassis extensions from a combination of 1" square section (3mm wall thickness) and angle bar, jack the back end of the body into position to close the gaps then sit the back of the body on the chassis extensions. If your chassis is a proper 1928 item, the factory will have fitted partial extensions that reach as far as the rear seat riser and  fastened in the corner of the floor. You can use this fastening plus another that you will have to drill to place your chassis extensions. On my 1928 car, I extended the extensions out from the rear of the body and used this as a tow bar, in the days when we had two children and all the camping gear!
Thanks for your comments - will try that 'over the winter'
John Williams