The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your first 747.5cc side-valve
I was 19 in January 1977, when I bought the latest known Ruby, TL 8106, registered January 1939. All the late mods, rod brakes, plastic handbrake handle, bar on the rad cap etc. I owned the car for four or five years, completely rebuilt it and covered about 50,000 miles in it, using it as my only car for much of that time. TL 8106 is still out there somewhere, I met the (then) owner about 10 years ago.

I sold the car in the early eighties, replacing it with a July '32 SWB box saloon, easily the fastest Austin Seven I have owned.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My first car was a 1932 Austin 7 RN. Bought it of my Uncle in 1954 for 30 Pounds. Ran it for a couple of years and then
progressed to an Austin 10.
I am now the proud owner of a Dec 1932 Austin RP purchased 18 Months ago. (NO, a bit more than 30Pounds).
Still learning to drive it again. Great Fun.
I was born into the world of Austin 7's, at the end of '69 Mum's only transport for the last few weeks of her pregnancy was this '30 Special. This is Mum & me in early 1970. I actually learned how to drive on this same special when I was 9.

Come to think of it, there hasn't been a single day in my life when we haven't had Austin 7's in the family  Smile

Aye
Greig

Attached Files
.jpg   Austin 7 special - 1930.JPG (Size: 143.88 KB / Downloads: 430)

My first Austin,  a 1937 Ruby,  bought as a pile of bits in 1964 for 5 pounds, and me (aged 18) the proud owner of CCE954
41 , thought it would make a good stalemate for my Moggy 1000, I've had for 18 years[attachment=4816]

.jpg   Unknown location.JPG (Size: 60.4 KB / Downloads: 229)     I don't have any early photos of my first Seven in 1962, an RN Father bought for £8 I suspect to keep me off motor cycles, it was a trailer load of bits which I had to put together. However I found this photo on e bay recently, exactly where or when it was taken I have no idea, a friend had borrowed it while I was away. It was maroon body with Post Office red wings & ivory white wheels and Ford pop headlights it did over 100,000 miles before I rebuilt it.
Photo 
I was 18 when I first bought "Jane". I did not now how a car worked, but drove it from the seller in Cornwall to home in Surrey. No problems other than a broken brake light that the Policeman who stopped me helped fix as he had a phillips screwdriver in his toolkit and I didn't.

Both the car and lady in the picture are still with me and both competing amicably for my time.

For me, I got into austin 7s some 26 years ago.

Who sed there are no youngsters in 7s.

The car below was the second 7 I bought. But the first I finished restoring.

Sadly sold the Ulster shortly after it was finished, the money went towards getting rid of the mortgage,  so I could go self employed supplying you all with austin 7 spares.

It seamed like a good idea at the time!

The last I heard the Ulster was in ownership in Germany.

Tony.

[attachment=4844]