The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RN/RP door trim plates

.jpg   rp small.jpg (Size: 130.81 KB / Downloads: 122)
Original RP (deluxe?) door trim taken at Beaulieu about 10years ago
(05-12-2018, 12:25 AM)Pearls not a Singer Wrote: Original RP (deluxe?) door trim taken at Beaulieu about 10years ago

What was the de lux RP door finished with? The de lux RN door trim as finished in a printed version of mock walnut, a process similar to that used on 1950s Hornby trains. I've tried to replicate it with Ratcliff's scumble shown in the photo.    
On RP sold in NZ as deluxe the door overcapping smooth (not dappled) finished in maroon as the main body. Dont think my car ever had the chrome ring under winder handle originally? Incidentally, for those not keen on fancy woodwork, cars sold here as RP deluxe with leather upholstery, chrome lamps, had smokers hatch instead of sunroof.
I have been contributing for so long now forget some of the earliest answers. (Age also a factor!) Did the RP originally have any door lock? On my car on passenger side the U piece is drilled and the steel behind and a nail inserted. My larrikan work colleagues managed to unlock with a long wire through the opposite ventilator!
On the RP deluxe the door card is sprung over the winder cover plate, which rather limits what is suitable for replacement card.