The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Restoring a Top Hat
(07-02-2019, 09:28 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: I like the use of the adapted SDS drill pure genius!

I'll second that!

Great job, one of those 'do it right, do it once' jobs, and lovely to see it being done the old way. 

Tom
Nice work Tim!

Is the other chassis Bob's?
Indeed! CV936 is rising from its sleep!
Great job, I like it when a plan comes together.
Unfortunately, things have been busy at work for the last few weeks plus we had to cut down some trees in the garden which needed logging up. However, a little progress has been made, the chassis is just about finished now and straight for the first time in 90 years!

Next job is to have a look into the back axle and see what (if anything) is left of the original lubricant, which would have been a mixture of oil and grease. I suspect it's all dried up or gone solid in the intervening 90 years but we'll see. I'll report back when I have some news.
Very nice Tim, proper job!
Im assuming those are the optional semi retrofit chassis extensions ive heard about?

My 28 GE Cup chassis has the longer rails over the spring like that. But with the extensions like the later cars
I have a pair of the original factory retrofit extensions on the shelf, will pull them out for photographs.
yes please. Ive only seen some in books. Dad had a couple of earlier chassis over the years. With no extensions as it were. But none with those. I had assume they tapered like the later ones. But clearly not
I will look them out and post up...