The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petrol Tap Fuel leak
This lever type Fuel Tap is on my 1929 Chummy.

1. Is this the correct Tap?

2. It is leaking, even when fully closed, how do I fix it?

3. Sometimes for no reason While driving it is not giving sufficient fuel and need to closen and open again.

Any help or suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like a lawn mower fuel tap. If it clears on closing/open, I would suspect muck in the tank ... just before the tap.
i have the same type of tap on my 1929 RK, which is very original. I believe that either side of the sliding piece of metal are cork washers which could have dried out or become worn. I have bought them from the Green Sparking Plug Co but haven't replaced them yet as they are soaking in oil.
I have this type of tap on my 29 RK as well. I think they were fitted "in the period" as an alternative to the lever type.....
(01-12-2018, 05:58 PM)Lowespeed Wrote: i have the same type of tap on my 1929 RK, which is very original. I believe that either side of the sliding piece of metal are cork washers which could have dried out or become worn. I have bought them from the Green Sparking Plug Co but haven't replaced them yet as they are soaking in oil.

The 1929 and 1930 Spare Parts books show theĀ  lever tap BE 36 which is fitted to my original 1929 Saloon.