The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diaphragm clutch
Hi Terry,
Many thanks for sharing this with us all.
Is it any worse than a standard clutch with double springs to use ?

( I already have outer Flywheel milled to leave 6 posts for standard lightened clutch cover 1933 flywheel )

Regards and thanks again

Richard
(03-12-2018, 12:44 AM)Terrytuned Wrote: The clutch kit is for a Renault 4 and early 5 with 845cc engine. QH part no QKT 136 AF used this kit for the last 10yrs it makes a great
hillclimb/sprint/race clutch but is a bit to switchy for the road as you are operating it directly, and needs careful setting up but completely
 reliable for 5000rpm drop the clutch starts.

Hi Terry, thanks for photos and detailed drawings, I can see there is a lot work and development has gone into this, greatly appreciated as it will save a lot of time for us others trying to work things out.
Best Wishes Gene
(03-12-2018, 09:43 PM)dickie65 Wrote: Hi Terry,

( I already have outer Flywheel  milled to leave 6 posts for standard lightened  clutch cover  1933 flywheel )

Regards and thanks again

Richard

The takeup can be a bit fierce as a diaphragm spring flips over on release and the reverse when engaged which you
don't feel when operated by hydralics. It needs a steady foot when driving through the pits.   Terry.
[attachment=4685 Wrote:ITerrytuned pid='20154' dateline='1543881297']
(03-12-2018, 09:43 PM)dickie65 Wrote: Hi Terry,

( I already have outer Flywheel  milled to leave 6 posts for standard lightened  clutch cover  1933 flywheel )

Regards and thanks again

Richard

The takeup can be a bit fierce as a diaphragm spring flips over on release and the reverse when engaged which you
don't feel when operated by hydralics. It needs a steady foot when driving through the pits.   Terry.
Here is a cross reference for the QH Terry uses, they can be found on the usual auction site quite cheaply new old stock.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)