The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamo casing oiling pipe?
(30-11-2018, 09:02 PM)Bob Culver Wrote: I saw this on a local 40 years ago. If can tolerate the pressure tap off, and not flood dynamo innards, would seem a good idea.
All the good books recommend generous lubrication of cross gears. It would quiten, and reduce the iron dust in engine.
many cars with 12v  etc are now extracting far more watts from the dynamo than originally and it all requires power to drive.
Nevertheless life of original gears is 100,000 plus. Vital that the original feed is functional.

Cars look so much more original with exposed horizontal plug connectors. My Seven used to slog into horizontal rain and salt spray in notorious Wellinton winds and never missed a beat.

Yes Bob, I agree about the plugs. I bought this from a garage that was selling on behalf of a lady who just wanted it to sell and told them to recommission it to sell. They replaced the coil with a new one and the plug leads from the shelf, easy option I guess. I will get round to this and lots of little quirks.