The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ruby ARQ Rejuvenation
Great to have you back Geoff. You are creating a narrative and illustrations that will be of great value to others in the years to come.
Thanks for all the kind messages.
Tom,
Look forward to another chat.

Bob,
The sump was full of the normal gooey gung from the use of non-detergent oil.
A session in the SandBlastingCabinet (SBC)will soon have them as new again.

That reminds me, I've been promising for ages that I would do a video of the mods I did to the SBC to get it actually working as it should.

Geoff - Next video will be of the later cylinder block I sliced up.
Back on the Ruby, but slowly.

Single photo to bump my Thread as it takes me ages finding it??
B-post bottom replacement section done.
Welding will only be done once I've repaired the door, to use it as a guide.

Geoff - I do not like this getting old lark one bit!
I know what you mean Geoff about getting old but it 100% better than the alternative.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi Geoff

May I echo all the well wishes.  Great to have your meticulous (restoration AND reporting) thread back again.

Cheers

Howard
Thanks for the encouragement on my 'return'.

Flitch Panel.
Do I (really) have to extend that piece of metal shown on the left, that extends downwards above the patch, or just weld in a length of curved metal to butts up against and welded to the vertical face.
I'm wondering if that lap patch that I removed, displaying the rust that such 'repairs' encourage, was to do with the near rotted away section of the Mud Shield, ditto the OS but that has gaping holes in the panel, in order to get them to lign up properly.

Slowly slowly to get brain & body used to working together again.

Geoff - Never though I would ever be saying that!

MacPro on strike so having to do individual photos per post using iPad. (PITA)

Flitch Panen:
Lap patch removed to reveal good metal apart from a few areas of rust depressions, but none so bad as to make me want to replace sections.

Lap patch removed revealing the rust it was hiding, plus the remains of what I think went all the way to the A-post.

'Scuttle' slipped in somehow.

Fan on so feeling cooler.

Geoff - Is it just me or is it hot and humid?
Great to have you back Geoff and I hope, like your Ruby, you are on the mend!
Flitch Panel.

Cleaned up with rust patches cut out and given a coat of copper weld through.
That piece of bright steel is my first try at achieving a 1.1/4" bend, as close as I can determine, to match the remains of the existing.

Geoff - My lot for today
Anyone like to hazard a guess as to what has caused this 'pinched' area on the propshaft tunnel between the gearbox and seats?

Geoff - Rain has put paid to painting window frames.

Alice has a dent where a boat fell on the car …. you never know the history of what became, to most owners, a workhorse hack to be abused and overloaded when needed.

My first reaction was "a front or rear end shunt"  but you haven't mentioned that sort of damage.

I don't think the horizontal bits attached to the rear floor vertical face are standard, what are they there to fix?

What condition are the rear chassis extensions?   Do they show signs of being bodged to support a failing body shell?