The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Photos for Robin Boyce which show a Mulliner saloon transformed in to Gordon Puzey's
Most interesting....... but that Mulliner body looked pretty tatty !
Sadly it was only a few years ago that someone took the body of another Mulliner saloon and then scrapped it....... and it was an even rarer 1929/30 season car like mine.......
(29-11-2018, 11:06 PM)Tony Press Wrote: I have to ask- why? Or have I missed something.

Is the 'Mulliner' missing the sidelamps that seem to have also gone missing from the 'Chummy'.

I don't believe my car, or Mulliners of this type in general had sidelamps, though I'm sure Mike would be able to correct if necessary.
I assume some may have had front mounted 'Scuttle' type lamps as did some mag engine Austin bodied cars for a short time in 1928. I seem to remember seeing an old photo of one so fitted though cannot find it now, but all of the pictures of this model that I have collected have scuttle lamps. Looking at the photos of the body on PX8412, the front mounting appears non original, so it's hard to tell whether they started life at the front or not.
This a picture of the '29 car mentioned above - it did not have sidelamps.

Colin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)