The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle trace?
(28-11-2018, 04:46 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: I'm assuming this is the one recently on e-bay located in Denbigh North Wales. If it is, it looked a heap of shit on the e-bay advert. Certainly not a van originally. Probably a RM saloon.

All the more fun putting right then . . . .
Chris Thompson
(25-11-2018, 08:12 PM)JonE Wrote: You need to book a free session at the Heritage Museum's archive at Gaydon, as its a B3 car.

The entire new specification is recorded in the B3 ledger.

If you go, there are some others with checks to make for various reasons.. so let us know! :-)

As advised, I requested data for my A7 from the Heritage Museum. 

Here is their reply so no joy there (my chassis number is 137480)! 

Still hoping someone somewhere will know something about it!

Dear Mr Thompson,

Thank you for your order. We have been through the surviving Austin Seven records, unfortunately the highest chassis number we have a record for is 136924. As a result we are unable to produce a certificate for your car. We will cancel your order and refund your money.

Best Regards

Archive Department
Chris Thompson
Chris - sorry... I'd made an assumption.
But I see its only Jan-June 1931 in the final ledger so must be partial. Sorry to have got your hopes up. How irritating.
Chris,

If it were possible to find out from the DVLA what its original registration was prior to them issuing it with its current age related plate (assuming of course that they know), then there may be County Licencing Authority record cards in existence which may confirm if it was originally a van, original owner etc. Not all County Licencing Records do exist, but you may be lucky.
(03-12-2018, 06:17 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Chris,

If it were possible to find out from the DVLA what its original registration was prior to them issuing it with its current age related plate (assuming of course that they know), then there may be County Licencing Authority record cards in existence which may confirm if it was originally a van, original owner etc. Not all County Licencing Records do exist, but you may be lucky.

Thanks for your interest but I have already tried this but the DVLA will not give anything away due to the B***** Data Protection Act.  Job's worth, job's worth etc. etc.  I will look into "County Licencing Records" - all avenues are possible!
Chris Thompson
Try reminding them that the disclosure of a previous registration number is not covered by the Data Protection Act which applies to the disclosure of personal data only!
Mike. The info above states first registered in 2015. e.g in their terms they have no evidence of previous registration therefore to all intents and purposes it never had one.

Its got an age related plate (which is obvious by visual inspection). So any claim it may have had in the past never amounted to anything so nothing will be 'on file'.

Chris. You have your work cut out going that route. Checking each counties surviving registration docs in the hope your chassis number is actually recorded. My view is you have a better chance of a martian landing in your garden.

Its a pity because a 3 + 3 age related is inappropriate for a 1931 car. Particularly as the X and an S make it stand out as age related.

Interestingly Ive been looking at early BF registrations in Dorsetshire. When the Bloody Fool brigade moaned enough the cars were all simply re issued the alternative FX but keeping the same numbers
then, Staffs got lumbered with BF! No one complained. I guess its a different socio-economic mix.
Jon

i assume staffs must have it in modern times?. 
From August 1960 onwards 'BF' was a Lindsay (lincs) index, but always with a preceeding letter in a 3 letter index. Starting CBF etc
hmmm... well the wangdang book I've bought is a bit inconclusive, and I think I read the story in one which is winging its way to someone now!! Lindsey was BE though, surely?
The numbers of BF until they changed was really low - only up to 162, perhaps in 1905...
And yes, it appears that after RF was used, from 1960 to 1963 (most of) the three letter *BFs were used.

So presumably that means that 9000 odd re-registered age-related BF have been made. Anyone have a low digit one?

I didn't realise their were parallel series for m/bikes and cars. Does that mean they used the same digits?