The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle trace?
I have an Austin Seven Van.  It may not have started life as a van but I have no history for it.  All the numbers below cannot be found on any Austin Seven web site (so far) hence this query.

Q.  Does anyone know anything about the history of this vehicle:

DVLA V5 shows the initial registration 01/November/1931,
First registered as a historic vehicle in the UK DVLA February 2015 as WSG 506

Chassis number 137480
Engine number M133031
Body number B3-8158
Colour Blue/Black

All help appreciated!
Chris Thompson
Chassis and Car Number both tie in with a May 1931 assembly, the Engine Number is April 1931 (but could still be original). The WSG registration is a DVLA age-related issue, so presumably the car was put back on the road in 2015 without evidence of original registration. Survival of original vans is very rare so it may well be a more recent recreation as a cost-effective way of reviving the vehicle.
If you can upload some pictures it may be easier to answer your question.
This is what a 1931 Austin-built van would look like (this is actually a 1930 VD version with the very short scuttle):

.jpg   1930 VD 2.jpg (Size: 112.69 KB / Downloads: 856)

If the chassis dates from May 1931, but original registration is correct at November 1931, then it is entirely possible it was a coach-built van in which case its appearance could be completely different!
For some reason both the DVLA Database and mycarcheck say 'Vehicle details could not be found' for WSG 506. If it was taxed in 2015 then it should either be currently taxed or SORN'd assuming of course you're resident in the UK crt86t ? The chassis number 137480 isn't listed on the A7CA Chassis Register so presumably hasn't been previously owned by an A7CA affiliated club member. Like Dave, I'd love to see some photos of your van.
You need to book a free session at the Heritage Museum's archive at Gaydon, as its a B3 car.

The entire new specification is recorded in the B3 ledger.

If you go, there are some others with checks to make for various reasons.. so let us know! :-)
Ah, could this be your van WXG 506 - was on sale at the Beaulieu Autojumble in September 2017 ? It is showing as taxed on the DVLA Database. I believe the registration WXG is also a DVLA age-related issue. 

.png   Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 19.09.40.png (Size: 780 KB / Downloads: 859)
That looks like it could well be an authentic VE van.
(25-11-2018, 08:19 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Ah, could this be your van WXG 506 - was on sale at the Beaulieu Autojumble in September 2017 ? It is showing as taxed on the DVLA Database. I believe the registration WXG is also a DVLA age-related issue. 

Firstly, thanks for all the interest and replies to date.  This is it.  It is not in a good state!  Externally maybe not looking too bad but it has had some diabolical "butchering repairs" inside, and I use the word "repairs" very loosely!  I have never seen such crap in a long time as I personally would not begin to think how some of the holes had been made/"repaired".  Yes, I taxed it on purchase (as the previous owner never bothered to tax, SORN, or even register it) hence it will now show correctly on the DVLA database.  It does look very similar to the picture to that which someone posted earlier.  The DVLA will not give any information on previous owners (****** Data Protection Act) so I am interested to try to get some history as there is none with it.

(25-11-2018, 07:44 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: This is what a 1931 Austin-built van would look like (this is actually a 1930 VD version with the very short scuttle):

If the chassis dates from May 1931, but original registration is correct at November 1931, then it is entirely possible it was a coach-built van in which case its appearance could be completely different!

Looks very similar- see reply to post further down.
Chris Thompson
I'm assuming this is the one recently on e-bay located in Denbigh North Wales. If it is, it looked a heap of shit on the e-bay advert. Certainly not a van originally. Probably a RM saloon.