The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1936 footage
Came across this by chance:

.jpg   bm.JPG (Size: 17.82 KB / Downloads: 568)

https://youtu.be/EhlUBuLG3T0

At 3:38 there is the Peter Butler A7 at Le Mans. And at 4:32 'Bloody Mary'.
Nick,
Best bit of footage I've seen in a long time. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for posting, really excellent film. I think that footage was taken from the Shell film series "The Titans" the whole series covers Grand Prix racing in the 1930s and is well worth watching IMO.
The Austin pit stop did seem absurdly relaxed. Any theories why?
Lovely stuff enjoyed it all. It continued with 50s and early 60s racing. Just as enjoyable.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(23-11-2018, 12:02 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: The Austin pit stop did seem absurdly relaxed. Any theories why?

I watched it several times and was convinced driver was smoking a cigarette on the way in to pit. What other explanation - chewing gum?
Jon. Could it be Flies in his teeth? I managed to hit a Bumble Bee at about 50 and the mess was spectacular! Lucky I didn't lose an eye.
(23-11-2018, 10:03 AM)JonE Wrote:
(23-11-2018, 12:02 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: The Austin pit stop did seem absurdly relaxed. Any theories why?

I watched it several times and was convinced driver was smoking a cigarette on the way in to pit. What other explanation - chewing gum?

Everybody smoked in those days...
I also really enjoyed the film(s) and passed them on to many friends. Thanks for pointing them out.
Having watched this it tends to beg the question why they bother anymore.
And why they’re still called drivers.
I think his hand is nonchalantly poised ready to go for the door handle if the car eventually stops.

I caught a winged beetle in the eye once on a weekend trip to Shelsey. I swear I could feel it writhing its last behind my eyeball. Bits of wing casing started to find their way out a few days later...