The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AH and PD tourer doors
[/quote]

Very useful Stuart.  Are the door handles an original fitting?
[/quote]

Not sure, Martin, but they were fitted when I bought the car. They do permit one (usually the passenger) to close the door with the closed sidescreens in place.

Regards, Stuart
(09-12-2018, 12:51 PM)Martin Prior Wrote: Thanks all.  

That's very interesting.  Dave's pointed out that when we made the new frames for Mick Hobday's AH, we were surprised to find that the inside face of the bottom timber was curved to match the outside, whereas the apparently original frames on the seemingly identical doors on our PD are straight inside. The straight trim plates on our PD are the ones that came with it in 1974 and appeared to have been there a long time even then.  What's the story on other PDs, I wonder?

Sorry, everyone.  I'm talking through my a*** here.  The PD door frames ARE curved inside and out at the bottom, as on the AH, but on ours at any rate, the trim pieces are straight, leaving a gap in the middle with the door closed.  

RN saloons have a curve to the inside of the door frames, while RPs are straight.  I'm just wondering whether the curved trim pieces were a continuation of RN practice, with later cars using the straight RP item(???).