The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Windscreen
Just wondering if anyone can suggest what I have here precisely? (i.e. other than 'a windscreen', that is!)

Looks like an A7 screen upper section to me though I couldn't say which one.
The rest looks neatly fabricated as if for a special, but perhaps a one-off rather than Speedex, Ashley, Hamblin etc?
Looks like a scoop scuttle windscreen - almost!
Could be Singer Junior - what is the scuttle width?
(12-11-2018, 08:18 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Just wondering if anyone can suggest what I have here precisely? (i.e. other than 'a windscreen', that is!)

Looks like an A7 screen upper section to me though I couldn't say which one.
The rest looks neatly fabricated as if for a special, but perhaps a one-off rather than Speedex, Ashley, Hamblin etc?

Not looking like an Austin screen to me, there are similarities but the shapes of the component parts are wrong.
(12-11-2018, 09:24 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Could be Singer Junior - what is the scuttle width?

It's 40" between the irons
(12-11-2018, 08:29 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Looks like a scoop scuttle windscreen - almost!
Hi R,

That's what I though at first glance.

But on closer inspection, it's not even austin.

Shame, I could do with a correct screen for the 1923. 

I'll just have to make one up.

Tony.
(12-11-2018, 11:30 PM)Tony Betts Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 08:29 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Looks like a scoop scuttle windscreen - almost!
Hi R,

That's what I though at first glance.

But on closer inspection, it's not even austin.

Shame, I could do with a correct screen for the 1923. 

I'll just have to make one up.

Tony.
Tony - if it were me I'd grab it and modify it where necessary, because so many areas are so similar.  If you have to make a copy, this would be a great start.  Cheers,  Bill
Thanks bill,

I have correct pillars "older reproduction" and several frames I can cut to size. So offering on this one IF it were up for sale doesn't gain me anything.

My heart stepped up a little, as it would be a miracle to see an original 1923 screen and pillars come up needing a home.

im probably the only one in the UK who would put it on a car, rather than on the shelf as a bargaining chip?

Tony.
I'll be sure and let you know if I ever see one Tony!

Still a bit baffled as to what mine actually is. Anyway it will get parked in the garage for now as - like a lot of other stuff - it's too good to throw out but I don't have an immediate use for it!
For my tuppence-worth maybe its one of those REAR seat wind deflectors from a medium sized tourer of the early 20's?
Old Motor manuals show them usually with angled side deflectors for the discerning rear seat traveller.
Peter.