The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(948) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php(948) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 948 eval
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(948) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(948) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 948 eval
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pricey, but....
(07-09-2017, 08:17 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have never seen a Standard Saloon in the flesh Timothy.

Thank you again Ruairidh. A marvellous sight and a fascinating car. 
Hope it finds a new home and gets finished in the near future. 
Would be great to see all existing models represented at the centenary.
Mike C - How does one get a photocopy of the Sales Catalogue - do you have an original or does the Association? Grateful for any info. Cheers, Bill

(08-09-2017, 01:08 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote: Mike C - How does one get a photocopy of the Sales Catalogue - do you have an original or does the Association?  Grateful for any info.   Cheers,  Bill
And reference to the Association reminds me - most newer members of the Forum will probably not know the Assoc.used to have an annual trophy for the "Best Magazine article of the Year".  In 1995 I think it was, I won the award, although they didn't send out the perpetual trophy, just a photo of it (!).  (They probably didn't trust a Colonial to return it?).  I seem to have mislaid the photograph and would like to obtain a copy.  Does anyone know to whom or where I would apply?  Appreciate any advice please.   Cheers,  Bill
(08-09-2017, 01:08 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote: Mike C - How does one get a photocopy of the Sales Catalogue - do you have an original or does the Association?  Grateful for any info.   Cheers,  Bill

Hi Bill
I have a photocopy of Publication 508e 'The Austin Seven' Export Edition, given to me last year by Tony Johns. This shows the Coupe Model on page eleven (and the Sports Model on page fourteen). 
I think the original was printed in 1925.
Cheers, Tony.
Bill - it is the Ken Warren Trohpy and was awarded this year at the AGM.

I cannot remember who the recipient was but somebody will know and they may be able to post a photo of it for you.
This year's recipient was one Bertie Fowler but, at the moment, I can't find a suitable photograph..

Hugh (posting as Association Secretary)
Here you are Bill, courtesy of another recipient (thanks Austin!).

http://austinharris.co.uk/sites/austinha...Trophy.jpg[Image: KenWarrenTrophy.jpg]

Sadly no, I do not have an original copy; Barry Pook has one for sale at the moment, but I don't suppose you'll like his price any more than I do  Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-SEVEN-O...1438.l2649

It is Publication No 508 (dated 1925) if you want to start looking ...
(08-09-2017, 08:33 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Here you are Bill, courtesy of another recipient (thanks Austin!).

http://austinharris.co.uk/sites/austinha...Trophy.jpg[Image: KenWarrenTrophy.jpg]

It's sat right in front of me as I type!

If someone lets me know I am more than happy to post it or try and get it to the next recipient.

Bill, you won it in 1998.
(08-09-2017, 08:45 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote:

Sadly no, I do not have an original copy; Barry Pook has one for sale at the moment, but I don't suppose you'll like his price any more than I do  Smile

The Archive has beeen loaned a copy of 508a and is currently on my small, but growing, pile of brochures to scan. I would hope to have it available for viewing in the next few weeks (it will have to go through the cataloguing process etc before it can be published..)

hth...
(08-09-2017, 08:45 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-SEVEN-O...1438.l2649

Hi Bill, the association have just finished digitising a copy of 508a which I donated recently and should be on the site soon, cheers russell