The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 inch Tyres for 1938 Pearl
I had a puncture on the M3 on the way back from L'Amble d'Automne last month, which totally ruined the tyre (4.50x17).
I have Longstone 4.25x17 on the front. I was wondering what the advice will be to replace the rear tyres, Waymaster 4.50x17 or Longstone 4.25x17?
I look forward to hearing peoples' experience.
Quite happy with excelsior from Fleet tyres , minus vat if ordered at spring Beauliue .
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Martin,

I have Longstones all round on the Ruby. They look great and the steering is light and responsive but the back end seems to wallow more then when it had 4-50s on. Pumping them up to 30 psi improves things but I'm expecting they will wear quicker as a result.

I have Waymasters on my special. They were very cheap - and are much lighter than the Avons I had before - but embarrassingly noisy. I keep meaning to put the Waymasters on the back of the Ruby to try the difference.

I'd be keen to hear others' thoughts too.

Peter.
(04-11-2018, 07:22 PM)Martin Baker Wrote: I had a puncture on the M3 on the way back from L'Amble d'Automne last month, which totally ruined the tyre (4.50x17).
I have Longstone 4.25x17 on the front. I was wondering what the advice will be to replace the rear tyres, Waymaster 4.50x17 or Longstone 4.25x17?
I look forward to hearing peoples' experience.

What do you carry as your spare?
I use 4.00 x 17 on my Opal and wouldn’t want anything heavier, especially on the fronts.

Charles